Help for West End Synagogue Secure Online Donations and Payments
Making a donation or payment to West End Synagogue is easy. Click here to see a printer friendly version of these instructions.
The following apply to all types of donations and payments:
- Security: Your name, address, and email information, are entered into the database at the West End Synagogue web site. The data is encrypted upon transmission using the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). No credit card information is taken or stored on the West End Synagogue site. Once you click "Submit Order", you will be redirected to PayPal where you can pay using a credit card or with your PayPal account. PayPal is an industry leader in secure online payments. It is PayPal that receives and processes your credit card information.
- Variable payment amount: You set the amount of your donation or payment. Each payment or donation type has a field called "Amount" that displays "0.00". Click in that box and type the amount you want to pay. For recurring donations, that is the amount you pay EACH time, not the total.
- WES Members should log in. If you are a WES member logged in, the site will remember your name, address, and email address so that you don't need to fill it in after the first donation or payment that you make. It addition, you can see all the donations and payments that you've made using WES Online.
- Forgotten username or password. For WES members, here is how to log in if you have forgotten your username or password: Click on Member login in the upper right corner of the header. Then click Request new password and follow the instructions.
The following is a full explanation of each type of donation or payment you can make here on the West End Synagogue web site.
- Donation to West End Synagogue. Choose this if you are making a one-time donation. The donation goes to the West End Synagogue General Fund by default. However, by using the dropdown menu, you can select from the following other choices: Building Fund, Cantor's Discretionary Fund, Kiddush/Oneg Fund, Rabbi's Discretionary Fund, and Other. If you choose "Other", please explain in the notes field at the bottom the bottom of the form. Use Visa, Mastercard, or American Express, Discover or your PayPal account. If you desire to direct your donation to more than one of the funds, you can add another donation by clicking "Add another donation or payment" from the cart. That takes you to the donation/payment home page where you can choose "Donation to West End Synagogue" where you can fill out the form again, the second time selecting the second fund you'd like to donate to. It's very easy. You only put in your personal and credit card information once.
- Monthly Recurring Donation With No End Date. Choose this if you'd like your donation amount to be charged upon checkout and then again every month until you cancel it on your "Pre-approved payments manager" in your PayPal account. A PayPal account is required; you can set one up as part of he payment process. The amount you type into the "Amount" field is what you pay each time you are charged. You can direct your ongoing donation to the same funds available for one-time donations to West End Synagogue. Note: PayPal cannot process any other kind of donation or payment at the same time that it processes a recurring donation. So if you choose this, don't add anything else to your cart for the same purchase. Come back to the site again and make it separate purchase. You cannot apply your recurring donation to more than one fund. You need to set up a separate recurring payment for each fund you want to donate to. After completing the purchase at PayPal, go to the donation page and start over.
- Payment to West End Synagogue. Choose this if you are making a one-time payment to West End Synagogue. You can direct your payment to: Membership dues, Kol Nidre pledge, Bar/Bat Mitzvah Fee, Building Fund, Dor Hadash Teen Program tuition, Jewish Family Life and Learning, Kiddush, Progressive Dinner, Purim Mishloach Manot, or Other. If you have selected "Other" please explain the intention for your payment in the "Note" field. If you desire to direct your payment to more than one purpose, you can add another payment by clicking "Add another donation or payment" from the cart. That takes you to the donation/payment home page where you can choose "Payment to West End Synagogue" and then fill out the form again, the second time selecting the second purpose you'd like to pay to. It's very easy. You only put in your personal and credit card information once. Use Visa, Mastercard, or American Express, Discover or your PayPal account.
- Make a payment to West End Synagogue in 5 monthly installments. You must have a PayPal account in order to make a recurring payment. You can set one up easily as part of the payment process. By using this choice, you can make an initial payment now toward a particular purpose and then have the same amount charged again automatically four more times, each time separated by one month. You cannot combine this choice with any other payment or donation in yyour shopping cart. If you do, PayPal will only process the first recurring donation or payment in the cart and ignore everything else. If you need to make another donation or payment in addition to the payment in 5 monthly installments, complete your purchase for the recurring payment in five installments first at PayPal and then start again here on the main donation/payment page to make an another payment or donation. You can only have this one item in your cart at checkout.